All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb (125 g) mild Italian sausage, ½-in (1 cm) diced, optional
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) diced onion
- 1 package (35 g) Club House 25% Less Salt & Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) each frozen corn niblets and no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large baked potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheese, divided (eg. Cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup (62 1/2 mL) sliced green onion, divided
In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil, simmer 10 minutes or until almost dry. Add corn and beans; stir and reserve.
Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh and place in large bowl. Lightly mash and add sausage mix, ½ of the cheese and ½ of the green onion.
Spoon mixture evenly into potato shells, top with remaining cheese and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining green onion onto baked potatoes and serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: To Bake a Potato: Rub potatoes with oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 45 minutes or until tender.