Banana Chocolate Chip French Toast Casserole
Saturday morning just got even better! Set yourself up for sweet breakfast success by tossing this into your slow cooker before bed and waking up to a scrumptious treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 1 loaf (450 g) French bread, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas, sliced, divided
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
Spray inside of slow cooker well with non-stick spray. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in large bowl.
Dip slices of bread in egg mixture and then place in slow cooker to cover bottom, using about ¼ loaf. Top with slices from 1 banana. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips. Repeat twice with bread, bananas, sugar and chocolate, creating three layers of each. Dip remaining bread in egg mixture and place on top. Pour remaining egg mixture over casserole and top with remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chips
Cook 6 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH. Remove lid and let cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup if desired.