All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- ¾ cup (175 mL) dry red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg (946 mL) Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) frozen chopped kale or spinach, defrosted
- Optional Garnish: chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, pumpkin seeds
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, 4-5 minutes.
Stir in carrots, tomato, salt and cook, stirring until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Stir in curry and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add lentils, broth, water, lime leaf (if using) and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered until lentils and carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, 20-25 minutes.
Stir in kale or spinach and cook until hot. Garnish with cilantro, green onion and or pumpkin seeds and serve with cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice.
Tip! For a completely vegetarian option, add water in place of the chicken stock and adjust seasoning to taste.
Tip! Swirl in Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk to taste for a creamy rich dal.