All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 package (227 g) mixed mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 small red chili pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) Kitchen Basic Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 16 raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 can (400 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1/2 lb (250 g) dry Chinese egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Bean sprouts, finely sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, Club House Crushed Red Pepper, to garnish
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
Sauté the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown.
Add the chili, garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice and fish sauce and continue to cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Add the chicken stock, increase the heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the shrimp and cilantro. Simmer for 4 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk and remove from heat.
To assemble each bowl, place a handful of noodles in the bowl. Pour the broth over top, distributing the shrimp equally over each of the bowls.
Garnish each bowl with bean sprouts, cilantro, green onions and, if you want more heat, crushed red pepper.