All You Need
- 8 cups (2 L) Kitchen Basics Beef Cooking Stock or Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced carrots
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 whole star anise (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh chili
- 1 pkg (250 g) Thai Kitchen® Thin Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 3/4 lb (375 g) beef, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each julienned fresh mint, cilantro and basil
In large saucepan on medium-high heat, combine stock, carrots, fish sauce, soy sauce, cinnamon, star anise, garlic, ginger, vinegar and chili. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes to blend flavours.
Stir in rice noodles, green onions and lime juice; simmer 3 minutes. Add beef; cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until beef is cooked through. Adjust seasoning.
Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle top with peanuts, mint, cilantro and basil.
Thai Kitchen Tip: For less starchy noodles that do not clump together, soak noodles in hot tap water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain well before adding to soup for cooking.