Use any variety of fresh basil for this classic stir-fry. Don’t even think of substituting dried basil - the delicate aromatic fragrance of the fresh herb is part of the appeal of this dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 2 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 slice fresh Chinese ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb (250 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail on
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chile oil or 1 small chile, thinly sliced (optional)
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
In large skillet or wok heat oil on high heat. Add garlic, ginger and pepper; stir fry 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp; stir fry 1 to 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Stir in basil, fish sauce and chili oil, if desired; stir fry 30 seconds or until basil is limp. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime juice over top.