All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut or canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped vine ripe tomatoes
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each granulated sugar and Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped cilantro
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and cubed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped roasted peanuts
- Optional Garnishes: Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce, soft boiled eggs, chopped green onions
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until softened, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic, curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add beans, tomatoes, sugar, salt and sauté 1 minute. Add coconut milk and cook until bubbling and thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Divide bean mixture over bowls of rice, top with carrots, avocado, peanuts, and garnishes.
Tip for Soft Boiled Eggs: Place eggs in saucepan and cover with warm water. Set over high heat and bring to boil. Cover with lid and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and place eggs under cold running water until cool enough to handle; peel.