Cold Rice Noodle Salad with Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
Crunchy veggies, aromatic fresh herbs, and savoury rice noodles are just right in this cold noodle salad. Perfect for slurping up on a hot summer day, when turning on your oven is out of the question.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 pkg (198 g) Thai Kitchen® Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thin red onion slices
For the Vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Set aside.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Place noodles in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and Vinaigrette; toss gently. Cover.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
Thai Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavour. It can be found in most Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.