Kristen Paskus Coconut Cupcakes
When it comes to desserts, there is nothing quite as delectable as a cupcake. These Coconut Cupcakes are not only delicious, but also super easy to make.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) plus 4 tbsp (60 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shortening
- 2 cups (500 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Imitation Coconut Extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Mix together flour, baking powder, egg, honey and 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) coconut milk; mix well.
Place 12 baking cups in cupcake tin and fill each 2/3 way full.
Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, icing sugar and coconut extract. Add in 4 tbsp (60 mL) coconut milk; mix well.