Angela van Tijn Rice Pudding with Mandarin Orange
This creamy and lightly sweetened pudding is sure to be enjoyed by the whole family. The toasted coconut creates a delicate crunch and the Mandarin wedges add a little extra sweetness and vitamin C.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Premium Coconut Milk
- 1 small Club House Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and pulled into segments to garnish
- Club House Ground Cinnamon and toasted coconut to garnish
Place the milk, coconut milk and cinnamon stick into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
Add the rice, vanilla and honey. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
While the rice is cooking, heat a small pan to medium heat and gently toast the coconut until it is slightly golden brown.
Once rice is cooked and mixture is creamy, approximately 15 minutes, transfer to a bowl and garnish with the mandarin orange pieces, some cinnamon and toasted coconut.