All You Need
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (400 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) white vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Add coconut milk, ginger and ½ tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper. Stir until chicken is coated and spices are mixed in. Cook on low for 5 hours.
Make the sauce 20 minutes before the chicken is done. In a medium pot, combine sugar, vinegar, chicken stock, soy sauce, remaining ½ tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper and seasoning. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes, until slightly reduced. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into sauce, whisking until combined and thickened, about 3 minutes.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and discard the cooking juices. Slice or shred chicken and toss with sauce.
Serve over rice or use to make Asian chicken tacos or Asian pulled chicken sandwiches, if desired.