All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Parsley Flakes
- Club House Sea Salt Grinder and Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink, crumbling with a spoon. Remove beef from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook until soft; about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Return beef to pan. Add tomato paste and stir well. Add crushed tomatoes, basil, milk and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add fish sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve over cooked pasta with freshly grated parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!