All You Need
- 4 1/2 lb (2 kg) pork shoulder
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Black Pepper Grinder
- ½ cup (125 mL) red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Mustard Seed
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Place pork shoulder in casserole dish. Mix all ingredients, and pour over pork. Cook; covered for 4 hours.
Transfer pork shoulder to baking sheet. Wear clean dishwashing gloves to work with pork to prevent burns. Remove bones from pork. Separate meat from rind and fat. Purée mixture in casserole dish using immersion blender to make sauce. Optional: return fat and rind to casserole dish before puréeing for a richer sauce.
Add pork to sauce in casserole dish, and shred, using two forks. Toss to completely coat meat. Serve in hamburger buns with the condiments of your choice.