All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) trimmed and chopped green beans
- 1 hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced into rings (optional)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup (125 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed and cut into strips (optional)
- 4 cups (1 L) cold cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- Thai basil leaves
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes. Stir in green beans and cook 1 minute. Stir in chili pepper and lime leaves (if using) and curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and sauté until no longer pink inside, 3 minutes, adding water if chicken is sticking to pan. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce and let simmer 2 minutes.
Crumble in rice and stir until just combined and heated through. Garnish with basil.
Tip! Swap out green beans for Chinese long beans, sugar snap peas or frozen peas.
Tip! Serve with sliced cucumbers or a refreshing mango salad.
Tip! Use leftover coconut milk in breakfast smoothies, oatmeal or hot chocolate.