All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground pork
- 1 lb (500 mg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Kitchen Basics No-Salt-Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- ½ cup (125 mL) minced onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tbsp (37 mL) + 1 tsp (5 mL) Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste, divided
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Black Pepper Grinder
Adjust oven rack to lower third position (just below centre) and preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Using clean hands, mix pork, beef, cheese, chicken stock, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, egg, 2 ½ tbsp (37 mL) chili paste, salt and pepper in a large bowl until just combined.
Pat evenly into 8-x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes, or until internal temperature comes to 165°F (74°C). Brush top with remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) chili paste and return to oven to cook until browned, 3-5 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes in pan to absorb liquid. Remove from pan, scraping any congealed protein before slicing. Strain liquid through fine sieve and drizzle over meatloaf.
Tip! Crate a bacon lattice with 4-6 strips of bacon and top prepared meatloaf. Bake according to directions and broil 3-6 minutes, until bacon is crispy.