All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp (10 mL) coconut oil
- 1 package (350 g) extra firm tofu, cut into ½-in (1 cm) cubes (optional)
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp (5-10 mL) sriracha (optional)
- Crushed cashews
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
In a small saucepan bring rice, coconut milk and vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow rice to sit covered for an additional 5 minutes.
In a large frying pan heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring frequently, until it’s browned on all sides. Remove cooked tofu from pan and set aside.
In the same frying pan combine bell peppers and pineapple. Cook until the ingredients have softened, between 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and allow it to cook for an additional 30 seconds or until it becomes fragrant.
Add the cooked tofu and coconut rice to the pan. Season with tamari and sriracha and stir well. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Serve topped with crushed cashews and green onion. Enjoy!