General Tso Meatballs
Inspired by everyone's favourite takeout dish, these saucy meatballs are packed with a ton of sweet, sour and spicy flavours. The General himself couldn't resist!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 15 servings
All You Need
- ¼ cup (50 mL) plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef or turkey
- 1 pouch (129 mL) Simply Asia General Tso Stir-Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup (50 mL) orange juice
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix breadcrumbs, egg, milk, garlic powder and ground ginger in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef, mix well.
Shape into 1-in (2.5 cm) meatballs. Arrange meatballs in foil-lined 15x10x1-in (38x25x2.5 cm) baking pan.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Drain if needed.
Bring Stir-Fry Sauce and orange juice to simmer in large skillet on medium heat. Add meatballs; toss to coat well and cook until heated through.