Sweet Ginger Garlic Mussels
Don't be scared away by making mussels at home - they're quick and easy and look impressive! Look for debearded mussels in the store to make things even simpler.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) each julienned carrots, onions and red peppers
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 2 lb (1 kg) fresh mussels, de-bearded
- 1 can (160 mL) Thai Kitchen Premium Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onion
In a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat, add oil, vegetables, seasoning and mussels; stir well. Add coconut milk and stir. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes or until shells have opened.
Discard any unopened mussels and sprinkle with green onions to serve