All You Need
- 1 1/2 lb (250 g) ground pork
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Simply Asia Sweet & Smoky Hibachi Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each diced red peppers and water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice wine vinegar, divided
- 1 lb (454 g) raw shrimp, 16-20, butterflied
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) each snow peas, baby corn and julienned red peppers
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rice
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a medium bowl, combine pork, 2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoning, diced red pepper, water chestnut, green onion and 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice wine vinegar. Mix well.
Place butterflied shrimp on clean surface. Divide pork mixture evenly and place on shrimp. Press pork mixture firmly onto shrimp.
In a large oven-safe pan on medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil and place shrimp, pork side down, into pan. Then place pan in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until internal temperature of pork is 160°F (71°C). Reserve shrimp and heat rice.
Add remaining oil and vegetables to pan, sauté for 2 minutes. Add remaining seasoning, rice wine vinegar and cornstarch; mix well.
To serve, place rice on platter, spoon vegetable mixture on top of rice and place shrimp on top.