All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) fresh skinless salmon fillet for sushi
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) toasted sesame oil, divided
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- Club House Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Grated carrots, beets, sprouts, finely chopped green onion, and Thai basil leaves, to serve
Slice the salmon into 1 1/8-in (3 cm) thick pieces.
Place spice mixture on small plate and press all sides of salmon pieces into mixture to coat.
Heat sesame oil in non-stick skillet. When oil is hot (it must not be smoking), add salmon, and sear for about 10 to 15 seconds per side. The spiced crust should be golden, but the centre of the piece of salmon should still be raw.
Arrange a small bed of grated carrots and/or beets on serving plates. Slice salmon pieces into 1/3-in (1 cm) thick pieces, and place on top. Sprinkle with sprouts, green onion, and Thai basil, and dress with vinaigrette to serve.
Tip: Salmon can also be prepared fully cooked. Prepare as directed, heating oil over medium-low heat. Cook salmon 5 minutes per side, covered, or until cooked through.