Gluten Free Ginger Coconut Chicken Nuggets with Low Sugar Plum Sauce
These juicy chicken nuggets have a ginger coconut crust for a delicious bite with a tropical twist! Serve with the accompanying low sugar plum sauce for a kid-approved meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Pinch Club House Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) plums, chopped (approx. 3 medium plums)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) gluten-free reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the coconut flour in one shallow bowl, the beaten eggs in another bowl, and the coconut and 2 tbsp (15 mL) Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning in a third bowl. Season the chicken breast cubes with a pinch of pepper, then dunk each cube first in the coconut flour, followed by the eggs, and then the coconut-seasoning blend.
Spread on baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a medium saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a medium-low heat, and simmer for 10 minutes until the plums are very soft and falling apart.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Serve the chicken nuggets with the plum sauce and enjoy warm.