All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lump crab, drained and squeezed
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each finely diced celery, onion, red pepper, green onion
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) flour and Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
In a medium bowl, combine crab, 1 egg, vegetables, bread crumbs and seasoning; mix well. Form mixture into 8 cakes.
Set up 3 bowls, one with flour, one with 2 beaten eggs and one with panko crumbs.
Place each crab cake gently into the flour and coat thoroughly. Lightly shake off excess flour and place in egg mixture, and then into panko crumbs.
Repeat Step 3 for each cake.
Deep fry until golden or pan fry in a large skillet on medium-high heat with 4 tbsp (60 mL) of vegetable oil.