All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) each ground beef and pork
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each diced celery, onions, red peppers, shiitake mushrooms and green onion
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning, divided
- 1 head Napa cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, celery, onion, red pepper, shiitake mushroom, green onion and 2 tbsp (30 mL) seasoning; mix thoroughly.
In a large pot of boiling water, blanch cabbage leaves for 1 minute. Strain and cool in cold water; drain.
Place 8 large cabbage leaves on a clean surface and divide meat mixture evenly.
Fold meat into cabbage leaves making sure to tuck in the sides.
Using the leftover cabbage, cut 1 cup (250 mL) into julienne and place in shallow casserole dish along with the julienned carrots.
Place cabbage rolls into dish on top of carrots and cabbage.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over cabbage rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.