Sour Cherry Bacon and Thyme Salt
Chefs use sea salt to add flavour, texture and color to a dish. Take sea salt to the next level by adding dried sour cherries, cider vinegar, thyme and smoky bacon. Sprinkle as a finishing flavour over roast pork or chicken, salads, quinoa and rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: Makes 7 tbsp (105 mL) or 84 (¼ tsp/1 mL) servings servings
All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped dried cherries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped crisply cooked bacon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Thyme Leaves
Cook vinegar in small nonstick skillet on medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 tbsp (15 mL). Add sea salt; sauté 5 minutes or until sea salt is dried.
Mix sea salt and remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Store in tightly covered jar in refrigerator. If needed, break up any clumps before using.