Grilled Corn with Chipotle Pepper Spice
Impressive yet so easy, grilled spiced corn finished with lime and cheese is commonly seen in parts of Mexico. You’ll wonder how you enjoyed corn before this moment.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 4 ears corn with husk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) McCormick Gourmet Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely crumbled queso fresco cheese or Parmigiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Preheat grill to medium-high. Peel back husks of corn, remove silk and re-cover with husk. Soak in cold water 10 minutes. Grill, turning until kernels are tender, 6-8 minutes.
Combine chipotle pepper, cumin and salt in small bowl.
Peel off husks; spread with butter and sprinkle with spice mixture.
Place on serving platter and top with cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime.
Test Kitchen Tip: Try substituting butter with mayonnaise mixed with cheese and sprinkle with pepper mixture.
Test Kitchen Tip: Invest in Mexican cheeses: try queso fresco or cotija and crumble on your everyday salad, chicken, steak, or eggs. Don’t forget the hot sauce!