All You Need
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Rosemary Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on (1/4 lb/125 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) plus 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
Mix seasonings in medium bowl. Sprinkle 2 tsp (10 mL) over salmon. Reserve remaining seasoning mixture in bowl. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Place salmon, skin-side up, in skillet. Cook 5 minutes
Meanwhile, add sugar and remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) oil to reserved seasoning mixture; mix well. Add fennel and tomatoes; toss to coat. Turn salmon fillets. Place fennel mixture around salmon in skillet. Cook 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: To prepare in a cast-iron skillet: Cook salmon, skin-side up, in 12-in (30 cm) cast iron skillet on medium heat 3 minutes. Continue as directed. (Not recommended if cooking on a glass top range.)