All You Need
- 1/2 lb (250 g) pasta, such as spaghetti or linguini
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) McCormick Gourmet Basil Leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Rosemary Leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour, divided
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 tbsp (30 to 45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion
- 1 can (250 mL) petite-cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kitchen Basics Unsalted Cooking Stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) half and half (10%) cream
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Meanwhile, mix seasonings in shallow dish. Reserve 2 tsp (10 mL). Stir 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the flour into remaining seasoning mixture in dish. Coat chicken in seasoned flour. Discard any remaining seasoned flour.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Add additional 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil as needed. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in skillet. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour. Add tomatoes, stock and reserved seasoning mixture; bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half and half. Return chicken to skillet; cook until heated through. Serve with pasta.