Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Shiitake Mushrooms
This Asian-inspired stirfry has it all: sizzling aromatic spices, a sweet-and-umami sauce, juicy chicken, tender-crisp vegetables — serve over rice for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) Kitchen Basics Original Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 16 medium shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Coat chicken with 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the flour. Set aside. Mix stock, honey, soy sauce, remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from wok. Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in wok. Add vegetables and mushrooms; stir-fry 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Stir stock mixture. Add to wok; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; stir-fry until heated through. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.