Angel Hair Pasta with Italian Sausage and Herbs
For an authentic Italian pasta dish, try this highly flavoured recipe featuring Italian seasoning, basil, fennel, Romano cheese and sausage.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 1 lb (454 g) angel hair pasta
- 1 lb (500 g) sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Romano cheese
- 2 tbsps (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped red onion
- 8 ozs (250 g) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick® Gourmet Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick® Gourmet Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick® Gourmet Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick® Gourmet Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick® Gourmet Fennel Seed
Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well
Meanwhile, break up sausage in large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes. Remove sausage; drain fat. Rinse skillet and wipe clean
In same skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and seasonings; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add cooked sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
Place pasta in large serving bowl. Add sausage mixture and cheese; toss to coat well. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.