All You Need
- YELLOW SPLIT PEA PANCAKES
- 2 cups (500 mL) dried yellow split peas
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated carrots
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) McCormick Gourmet Medium Curry Powder
- ½ tsp (5 mL) Club House Chili Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- CILANTRO AND MINT SAUCE
- ½ bunch (20 g) fresh cilantro, with stems
- ½ bunch (20 g) fresh mint, with stems
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Coriander
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
For Yellow Split Pea Pancakes, combine peas and water in a large bowl. Cover and soak overnight.
Pour peas and remaining water into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into large bowl; add remaining ingredients, excepting oil, and stir to combine.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup (50 mL) batter to pan and spread in a large circle to form a thin pancake. Cook for 2 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Flip pancake and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
Repeat with remaining batter, adding 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil after every second pancake, or as needed.
For Cilantro and Mint Sauce, combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until almost smooth.