Chorizo, Saffron and Goat’s Cheese Devilled Eggs
A twist on a classic, these devilled eggs are a great hors d’oeuvre to pass around before your Easter meal. Recipe by Mardi Michels of eat. live. travel. write. www.eatlivetravelwrite.com
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
All You Need
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soft goat’s cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- Pinch McCormick Gourmet Saffron, crushed between plastic wrap in your fingertips to a powder
- 6 slices dried chorizo
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Sprinkle McCormick Gourmet Ground Cayenne Pepper
Carefully scoop egg yolks into a bowl.
Set the egg white halves on a serving plate and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use.
Mash the yolks with the goat’s cheese, sour cream and saffron until smooth and the colour is uniform. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until needed.
Meanwhile, finely chop the dried chorizo. Lightly sauté the chorizo in a heavy frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes until fragrant. Drain on a paper towel.
Fill the egg white halves: Using a piping bag (with or without a tip), pipe the mixture into the hollows of the whites. You can also scoop the mixture into the egg white halves with a teaspoon.
Sprinkle each egg with some of the chorizo and cilantro. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to finish.