Mushroom Ragoût on Puff Pastry
A mixture of button and shiitake mushrooms seasoned with white wine, grainy mustard, and pepper gravy, served on a small circle of puff pastry and baked with a square of cheddar.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 24 appetizer servings servings
All You Need
- 1 pkg (397 g) puff pastry
- 1 pkg (34 g) Club House Demi-Glace Gravy Mix with Club House La Grille Spicy Pepper Medley Flavour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced button mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups (675 mL) sliced shiitake mushrooms without stems
- Club House Sea Salt Grinder and Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) white wine
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) table (18%) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 3 oz (85 g) old cheddar cheese, cut into 24 squares
Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
Roll out puff pastry on floured surface and cut out 24 circles using a cookie cutter. Place the circles on a parchment lined baking sheet and cover with more parchment paper and another baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown on top. Set aside and reduce oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C).
Prepare the gravy according to the package directions and set aside.
In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and butter. Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Once mushrooms have softened, add thyme and garlic and cook for one minute. Deglaze the pan with white wine and heat until reduced by half (~1 minute). Add cream, grainy mustard and prepared gravy. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Separate the mushroom mixture evenly among the pastry circles. Top each with a cheese square, and bake for 4-5 minutes.