All You Need
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry grits
- 8 - 12 cups (2 - 3 L) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder, plus additional to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Signature Blends Sriracha Lime Seasoning
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) butter, divided
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Organic Paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated white cheddar cheese
- 4 large shrimp
- Club House Parsley Herb Grinder, and Club House Oregano Herb Grinder for garnish
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Place grits in a deep oven-safe pan and cover with 8 cups (2 L) water. Add salt, seasoning, and 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter. Cover pan with parchment paper and seal with foil. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Remove from oven and stir. Add remaining water. Return to oven and bake 1 additional hour or until grits are tender but not mushy, and all water has been absorbed. Set aside.
Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in medium saucepan. Add red and yellow pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until vegetables have slightly softened. Add lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until lemon juice has evaporated. Add tomato sauce and simmer 10 minutes. Set aside.
Place grits in medium saucepan. Stir in cream and cheese. When cheese has melted, add salt to taste.
Melt remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in small skillet. Cook shrimp 6 minutes.
To serve, place grits on a large plate. Top with shrimp and drizzle with sauce. Grind parsley and oregano over dish for garnish.
Tip! Grits can be substituted with quinoa or rice.