Guava Mango Ají Amarillo Sauce
Fruity mango and guava bring a tropical sweetness to this sauce, while spicy-hot Ají Amarillo (a traditional South American chili paste) and cumin make for a show-stopping finish. Perfect for chicken, seafood and skewered pork and steak. Fire + meat + sauce. Grill on.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 1 ½ cups (375 mL) or 24 (1 tbsp/15 mL) servings
All You Need
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) finely chopped and seeded ripe mango
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) guava jam
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ají amarillo paste
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Garlic Salt
Mix mango, guava jam, ají amarillo paste, cumin, red pepper, 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice, and garlic salt in small sauce pan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice.
Transfer mixture into blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Serve sauce warm or chilled.
Tip: Ají amarillo paste is made from Ají Amarillo peppers, a hot and fruity South American yellow chili pepper. It can be found in Latin markets, online specialty stores or the Latin aisle of some supermarkets.
Tip: Serve Guava Mango Ají Amarillo Sauce with Brazilian Meat Skewers.