Grilled Tomato Coconut BBQ Sauce
Meat, meet sauce. Inspired by Brazil’s vibrant sauces, this BBQ sauce is the perfect partner for grilled skewered meats, ribs, chicken, chops, and more. Crushed red pepper and fresh jalapeño bring serious heat, with a punch of added flavour from ground ginger and garlic. Creamy coconut milk cools it off. See you at the grill!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 2 ½ cups (625 mL) or 20 (2 tbsp/30 mL) servings
All You Need
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) plum tomatoes (5 to 6), halved lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, halved, and seeded
- 1 cup (250 mL) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- ¾ tsp (4 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Ground Black Pepper
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Mix oil, garlic powder, ginger and red pepper in large bowl. Add tomatoes, onion and jalapeño; toss to coat. Place vegetables on grill rack or in grill basket.
Grill 10 minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred and tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
Place vegetables in medium saucepan. Stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat 15 to 20 minutes or until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into blender container or food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Serve sauce warm or at room temperature.
Test Kitchen Tip: Serve Grilled Tomato Coconut BBQ Sauce with Brazilian Meat Skewers.