Fiery Fresh Sambal Sauce
Sambal is a versatile Southeast Asian chili sauce used to season stir-fries, noodles, eggs, meat, seafood and vegetables. It is also enjoyed as a sweet, sour and spicy table condiment. This fresh version, prepared in a blender, accentuates the bright flavour of the chilies and can be prepared in 15 minutes or less.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Makes: 1 ½ cups (375 mL) or 12 (2 tbsp/30 mL) servings
All You Need
- ½ lb (250 g) red Fresno chilies, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) rice vinegar
- 5 tsp (25 mL) Club House Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sugar
Place all ingredients in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until coarsely chopped.
Store in clean, tightly covered container or jar in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Tip! Fresno chilies are similar in size to the jalapeño. When green they have a mild heat level. As they ripen and turn red, they become hotter.
Tip! Chilies contain capsaicin which can burn your skin. After chopping chilies, wash hands and cutting board thoroughly with warm soapy water. Or wear rubber gloves when handling the chilies.
Tip! Use Fresh Sambal Sauce to prepare Sambal Noodles with Shrimp and Chinese Broccoli.