Pico de Gallo – Fresh and Classic Salsa
Pico de gallo calls for the freshest tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic and lime juice stirred in a bowl. Add McCormick Gourmet Ground Jalapeño and give it a bit of time to let the flavours come together and sing!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: N/A
- Makes: 3 cups (750 mL) or 15 (1/4 cup or 50 mL) servings
All You Need
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro, with some tender stems
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced red onion
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Ground Jalapeño
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Oregano Leaves (optional)
Combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, oil, salt, jalapeño and oregano (if using) in bowl. Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavours to meld. Stir before serving and adjust seasoning if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Add grilled corn kernels and black beans to make a heartier salsa salad.
Test Kitchen Tip: Spoon salsa over grilled chicken, shrimp or fish and garnish with thinly sliced radish for a complete meal made with the best of summer.