Fried Cheese Curd and Wild Mushroom Salad
Enhance your meat dish with a savoury side filled with authentic flavours. This simple yet beautiful salad mixes the richness of fried cheese with the tastes of wild mushrooms, topped with a tangy lemon dressing!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- 400 g fresh cheese curds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil, plus additional for deep frying
- 4 cups (1 L) wild mushrooms, washed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 scallions, white parts sliced and green parts finely chopped
- 1 pkg (47 g) Club House Chinese Fondue Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Black Pepper Grinder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pkg (227 g) Club House Rice Flour
Set up deep-fryer in a safe location and heat to 375°F (190°C).
In a bowl, soak cheese curds in buttermilk and let sit at room temperature.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and sauté mushrooms until golden, approx. 5 minutes.
Add white parts of scallions and cook 1 minute; remove from heat and sprinkle with fondue mix, thyme and pepper.
Mix lemon juice, zest and green parts of the scallions in a bowl; set aside.
Place rice flour in bowl. Remove cheese from buttermilk with slotted spoon and place in the rice flour; shake to coat. Remove from flour and shake off excess.
Deep fry cheese curds in batches until golden; drain on paper towel.
Arrange cheese on mushroom salad. Drizzle with lemon dressing and serve immediately.