All You Need
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small leek, white and light green part only, chopped and washed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown lentils, rinsed
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) Club House Basil Herb Grinder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Oregano Herb Grinder
- 2 cups (500 mL) Kitchen Basics Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) loosely packed baby spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted pine nuts
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted or grilled
- Optional: crumbled feta cheese or shaved parmesan, to garnish
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in lentils, basil, salt and oregano. Stir to coat evenly.
Add broth and bring to low-boil. Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove cover and cook until tender and liquid is absorbed, 5-10 minutes. Let cool.
Fold in yogurt, then spinach just before spooning over toast, allowing lentil mixture to spill over edges of toast.
Garnish with pine nuts and optional cheese before serving.
Kitchen Tip: Drizzle Billy Bee Honey over yogurt lentils for a lovely sweet and savoury combination.
Kitchen Tip: Brush bread with extra-virgin olive oil before grilling for crispy and flavourful toast.
Make-ahead: Make up to 3 days ahead, refrigerate in airtight container. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Leftover tip: Serve over lettuce and top with a poached egg finished with freshly ground pepper and olive oil.