Indian Chinese Style Fried Rice with Quinoa and Sweet and Tangy Tamarind Sauce
Take your tastebuds around the world with this Indian-Chinese fusion, bursting with fresh flavours and spices. Find tamarind pulp in any well-stocked ethnic aisle.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Makes: 6 (1 cup/250 mL) servings
All You Need
- INDIAN-CHINESE FRIED RICE AND QUINOA
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 4 cups (1 L) combined cooked rice and quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped purple cabbage
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Black Pepper Grinder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) soya sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onion
- SWEET AND TANGY TAMARIND SAUCE
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hot water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
Heat oil in a large wok or skillet on high heat. Add ginger and garlic, sauté 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high and add rice and quinoa mixture; stir gently.
Fold vegetables into rice mixture; heat through. Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, soya sauce and vinegar and stir gently. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) each cilantro and green onion and stir to combine.
Garnish with remaining cilantro and green onion and serve immediately.
For Tamarind Sauce, stir all ingredients together until sugar has dissolved. Add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency.