All You Need
- 2 lbs (1 kg) peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Club House Potato Starch
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 2 McCormick Gourmet Whole Allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
Toss peaches with sugar in large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring frequently until most of sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemon juice.
Transfer to saucepan and stir in starch, cinnamon, allspice, salt, water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until fruit is clear, liquid is thick on wooden spoon and runs in heavy drops, about 20 minutes. Skim off scum and discard.
Spoon into jars with tight fitting lids. Let jam cool uncovered at room temperature. Close jars and refrigerate for up to three weeks.
Tip: To peel peaches, immerse in large saucepan boiling water 10-20 seconds until skin splits. Remove with slotted spoon; submerge into ice water and peel.
Tip: Use as glaze for BBQ ribs or chicken.