All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) beef steaks, 1-1/2 inches (3 cm) thick
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Club House La Grille* Montreal Steak Rub Marinade
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 green or red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8-10 inches/20 to 25 cm)
- 0 Toppings: salsa sauce, shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce
Spread rub over both sides of meat. Let stand 5 minutes. Cover and grill steaks over medium heat, turning once for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile toss onions and peppers in olive oil to coat. Place in a grill basket and grill 6 to 8 minutes, tossing occasionally until tender-crisp.
Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm on grill over low heat or in a 325° (160° C) oven for about 15 minutes.
To serve, cut meat across the gain into very thin slices. For each fajita, layer beef, vegetables and avocado slices on tortilla. Add your favourite toppings. Roll or fold tortilla around fillings.
· Try other vegetables like zucchini sticks or mushroom halves in place of the peppers.
· Omit avocado if it isn’t a favourite and offer guacamole as a topping.
· For best results use strip loin, sirloin tip or rib eye steak.