All You Need
- 4 cups (1 L) finely chopped zucchini (4 -5 medium)
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pickling salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) cider or white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Pickling Spice
Prepare vegetables in food processor, if desired. Place chopped vegetables in large bowl and mix with pickling salt. Cover with cold water. Let stand 1 hour.
Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
In 4-quart (4 L) microwave-safe bowl, combine vinegar and sugar.
Tie spices in small cheesecloth bag and add to vinegar solution. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes, stirring once, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir; microwave, covered at MEDIUM-HIGH for 3 minutes.
Stir in well-drained vegetables. Heat, covered, on HIGH for 10-12 minutes, stirring twice, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove spice bag.
Spoon into sterilized jars, leaving ½-inch (2 cm) headspace. Seal.
Refrigerate up to 2 months. For longer storage, process sealed jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Store in cool dark location.