All You Need
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Club House Pickling Spice
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, finely chopped mangos (about 4)
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, finely chopped peaches (about 6)
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely minced gingerroot
- 2 3/4 cups (675 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) cider vinegar (5% acetic acid)
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Curry Powder
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) pickling salt
- 0 Cheesecloth, to wrap Club House Pickling Spice and Club House Crushed Red Pepper
Wash and sterilize the canning jars, screw bands and snap lids according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Measure Club House Pickling Spice and Club House Crushed Red Pepper and place in cheesecloth, creating a spice bag. Set aside.
In a large heavy stainless steel or enameled saucepan, combine mangos, peaches, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, gingerroot, brown sugar, vinegar, Club House Curry Powder, salt and reserved spice bag.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered and stirring often for about 1 hour or until chutney is reduced by half and thick enough to mound on spoon.
Fill hot sterilized canning jars, leaving ½ inch (1 cm) head space. Wipe jar rim to remove any stickiness. Place snap lid on jar; apply screw band until just finger tight. Transfer to a boiling water bath and cover jars with 2 inches (5 cm) boiling water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool. Check seals. Wipe, label and store the jars in a cool, dry, dark place.