Japanese 7 Spice Blend Shichimi Togarashi
Spicy Japanese seasoning blend, also known as Shichimi Togarashi, includes chilies, sesame, orange peel, nori and more, is used to flavour soups, noodles dishes, grilled meats and seafood.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 12 (1 tsp/5 mL) servings
All You Need
- 1/2 sheet nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange rind
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Club House Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) McCormick Gourmet Sesame Seed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Gourmet Organic Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Ground White Pepper
Process nori in mini food processor until fine flakes form. Mix nori and remaining ingredients until well blended.
Store in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place.