All You Need
- 1 banana pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cubanelle pepper, thinly sliced into rings
- Half bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 whole Thai chilies
- 1 finger chili, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 habanero chili pepper 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) distilled white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House Mustard Seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Whole Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) McCormick Gourmet Allspice Whole or Caraway Seed
- 1 Club House Bay Leaf
- tsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) kosher salt or pickling salt
Pack jars with peppers and chilies.
Brine: Combine vinegar, water mustard seed, peppercorn, allspice, bay leaf, sugar and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into jars, pressing to submerge pickles.
Let cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: Use gloves when handling chilies and be sure to scrub the cutting board with baking soda or lemon juice and coarse salt to rid of all spice.
Tip: Add some of the vinegar to your salad dressing for a kick of flavour.