All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dill Seed
- 1 1/2 tsps (7 mL) fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Whole Black Pepper
- 5 cups (1250 mL) sliced pickling cucumbers (1½ lb/750 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickling salt
- 2 tsps (10 mL) Club House Dill Weed
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
Combine Dill Seed, Minced Garlic and Black Peppercorns in a cheesecloth bag. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss sliced cucumbers with pickling salt. Cover with a plate topped with a weight. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain well, but do not rinse.
Measure 1 tsp (5 mL) Dill Weed into each of 2 one-pint (500 mL) jars and pack the drained cucumbers on top. Set aside.
In a large stainless steel or enameled saucepan, combine vinegar, water and reserved cheesecloth spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove spice bag.
Pour enough hot liquid over prepared cucumbers to cover, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) head space. Seal, cool and then freeze. Thaw and keep in refrigerator.