All You Need
- 2 1/2 lbs (1 1/4 kg) green beans (5 to 6-in/12-15 cm long)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) McCormick Gourmet Dill Seed, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House Minced Onion, divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Celery Seed, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Minced Garlic, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper, divided
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) non-iodized salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
Wash beans with cold water. Trim ends and cut beans to about 4-in (10 cm) lengths.
Place 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) each dill seed and minced onion, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) celery seed and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each minced garlic and crushed red pepper in each of 4 hot sterilized pint canning jars. Pack green beans vertically into jars. (Lay jar on side for easy filling.).
Mix remaining ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to boil, stirring to dissolve salt and sugar. Ladle over green beans, leaving 1/4-in (0.5 cm) headspace. Run thin, non-metallic utensil down inside of jars to remove air bubbles. Wipe rim of jars clean with damp cloth. Cover jars with metal lids and screw on bands.
Process in boiling water canner 10 minutes. After processing jars, remove from water bath canner. Cool at room temperature on towel or rack for 12 to 24 hours. Check for seal.
Cooking Tip: Select green beans that are as straight as possible for this recipe.