Thai Grilled Flank Steak with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Grill situation: Thai takeover! Soy + Sweet + Spice = one stand-out flank steak marinade. Fish and soy sauces marry with Thai chili and brown sugar to bring out the signature flavours of Thailand. Drive it home with a spicy peanut sauce on top!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes refrigeration
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
All You Need
- ½ cup (125 mL) soy sauce
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) lime juice, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh Thai bird’s eye chilies
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Ground Ginger
- ½ cup (125 mL) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 2 lb (1 kg) flank steak or skirt steak
Mix soy sauce, 6 tbsp (90 mL) of the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, chilies, garlic powder and ginger in small bowl. Reserve 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the marinade for brushing steak during grilling.
Reserve another 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the marinade in a small bowl. Add peanut butter, water and remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice; mix well. Set peanut sauce aside until ready to serve.
Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavour. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill steak 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking. Slice steak and serve with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai bird’s eye chilies are small hot chilies commonly found in Southeast Asia. If unavailable, substitute with chilies de arból or fresh cayenne peppers.