All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House La Grille No Salt Added Salmon Seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced ½-in (1 cm) thick
- 1/2 baguette
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced ½-in (1 cm) thick
- 6 oz (175 g) smoked salmon, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers, drained
Mix cream cheese with 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) seasoning in a food processor and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill lemon slices until grill marked.
Slice baguette into ¼-in (0.5 cm) thick slices and brush with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil; grill until crisp.
Brush onion slices with remaining oil and remaining seasoning; grill for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Dice and set aside.
Spread 1 tsp (5 mL) cream cheese mixture onto each slice of baguette. Top with a slice of smoked salmon, capers and onion. Garnish with grilled lemon slices.
Chef’s Tip: The cream cheese spread can be used on a wrap or bagel for lunch.